1. Promotion name and promotional period
Promotion name: Our Best Deal Yet Refer a Friend (16 Jan – 6 Feb 2024 promotional offer).
2. Details for this Promotion
- Each existing Vuse customer has the opportunity to participate in the Refer a Friend promotion. Existing Vuse customers may visit https://vuse.co.nz/pages/refer-a-friend and enter their email address to receive a promotional link for forwarding to adult friends and family, to help them make the switch.
- Each New Zealand-based referred friend who signs up on the Vuse.co.nz website will then receive a unique code which will allow them to claim $50 worth of Vuse product (in the form of 5000 Vuse+ Points), which can be redeemed on vuse.co.nz. Redemption must take place within 30 days of receiving the unique code.
- For every unique code redemption by a NZ-based referred friend, the original referring Vuse customer will receive a promotional code (sent to them by the Promoter) for 4 free packs of 4% eLiquid pods, which can be redeemed through on vuse.co.nz, whilst stocks last. Redemption must take place within 30 days of receiving the unique code.
For the avoidance of doubt, a friend can only be referred (and receive a referral code) once.
General information about our Promotions
- Eligible entrants: An eligible entrant is one person/individual (where each person/individual cannot create multiple accounts or email addresses on vuse.co.nz in order to either enter this Promotion more than once or attempting to claim a Prize more than once). They must (a) be a smoker or a vaper; (b) be a New Zealand resident; (c) be aged 18 years and over, and (d) adhere to these Terms and Conditions as well as the Promoter’s Terms and Conditions of Sale. Employees of the Promoter or the Promoter’s associated companies (and their immediate families - being their spouse, child or parent) and existing retailers of Vuse products (including their associated companies and their immediate families - being their spouse, child or parent), are not eligible entrants and therefore not able to enter this Promotion.
- Promoter: Vusionry and Vuse, brands of BAT (New Zealand) Limited, who can be contacted at PO Box 2618, Auckland 1140, New Zealand.
- Limitations: This Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount, or promotion (including promotional codes); or exchanged or redeemed for cash, credit, or another Vuse product. Unless otherwise specified, a maximum of one (1) Prize is available for each eligible entrant.
- Qualifying Entry: Eligible entrants and referred friends note, and agree, that: (a) to qualify, an eligible entrant needs to successfully refer a friend (who is not already a Vuse member) to Vuse; (b) this Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount, or promotion (including promotional codes); (c) this Promotion cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash, credit, or another Vuse product; and (d) this Promotion is only valid and available online at either vuse.co.nz or vusionry.co.nz.
Varying these Terms and Conditions
The Promoter reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions without notice, to modify, reschedule or terminate this Promotion or to modify or extend the closing date and criteria of this Promotion at its absolute discretion.
The Promoter’s decisions and rights
The Promoter’s decision on all matters relating to this Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into, except as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Prize(s) are not transferable
The Prize is not transferable for cash or credit, any other Vuse product, or to any person other than the winner(s).
Any costs associated with accessing the Promoter’s website, Instagram and/or Facebook channels is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the entrant’s internet service provider.
Cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of this Promotion
If for any reason, any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may at its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
Application content and ownership
The Promoter (or its associated or affiliated companies or third parties who have licensed its brands to the Promotor or contributed to the application) owns or licenses from third parties’ certain application content. All such application content remains the sole property of the applicable content owner and is protected under all relevant copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. Nothing on the application should be construed as granting any license or right to use or distribute any application content, without the Promoter’s express written permission or that of the applicable content owner.
Instagram and Facebook
Exclusion of liability
Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and its respective bodies corporate (including their officers, employees and agents), Instagram and Facebook exclude all liability whether arising in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise for (a) any personal injury; or (b) any loss or damage (including, without limitation, loss of opportunity, loss of profits or loss of property); whether direct or indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of or in connection with this Promotion, including but not limited to, where arising out of or in connection with the following: (c) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (d) any theft, unauthorized access or third-party interference; (e) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any variation in Prize value; (g) any tax liability incurred by the entrant; or (h) participation in this Promotion or use of the Prize.
Collection and use of personal information
To the extent that the Promoter collects personal information to conduct this Promotion it can, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to regulatory authorities, or use such information to contact the entrant about this Promotion. Any entry in this Promotion is conditional on providing this information. By participating in the Promotion an eligible entrant: (a) grants the Promoter the right to use their name, character, photographs or likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotions and marketing purposes (and waives any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use); (b) agrees to provide the Promoter with a perpetual royalty-free license to use their username in any way including, but not limited, to: (i) the Vuse New Zealand Facebook Group page (at https://www.facebook.com/groups/vusenz/); (ii) the Vuse New Zealand Instagram page (at www.instagram.com/vuse.newzealand); and (iii) the Promoter's other social media platforms and websites. Each entrant understands that he or she has the right to access, and may request correction of, any of their personal information held by the Promoter by contacting the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org. All claims become the property of the Promoter.
Vuse electronic cigarettes may be hazardous to health and contain nicotine which is addictive. Vuse products should be kept out of reach of children. Vuse electronic cigarettes are not suitable for use by: (a) persons under the age of 18; (b) persons who are allergic/sensitive to nicotine; (c) pregnant or breast-feeding women; (d) persons who should avoid using tobacco or nicotine products for medical reasons; or (e) persons with an unstable heart condition, severe hypertension or diabetes.
This Promotion, and these Terms and Conditions, are governed by New Zealand law.