Guess Our New Flavours Terms & Conditions
Information on how to claim the Prize forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Details of this Promotion
- Promotion Name: Guess our new flavours
- Eligible Entrants:
- Smokers and vapers who are New Zealand residents and are aged 18 years and over who have adhered to these Terms and Conditions.
- Employees of the Promoter or the Promoter’s associated companies (and their immediate families - being their spouse, child or parent), are not able to enter.
- Promotional Period:
- 6:00pm NZDT on Thursday, 24 September 2020
- 7:00pm NZDT on Sunday, 27 September 2020
- 6:00pm NZDT on Monday, 28 September 2020
- 6:00pm NZDT on Tuesday, 29 September 2020
- 11:59pm NZDT on Saturday, 26 September 2020
- 11:59pm NZDT on Tuesday, 29 September 2020
- 11:59pm NZDT on Wednesday, 30 September 2020
- 11:59pm NZDT on Thursday, 1 October 2020
- Vuse, a brand of British American Tobacco (New Zealand) Limited who can be contacted at PO Box 2618, Auckland 1140, New Zealand.
One (1) pack of Vuse pods of their choice where:
- one (1) prize will be allocated to an Eligible Entrant with a Qualifying Entry on the Promoter’s Instagram channel; and
- one (1) prize will be allocated to an Eligible Entrant with a Qualifying Entry on the Promoter’s Facebook channel.
- Qualifying Entry:
- Eligible Entrants must tag a friend (in the comments section) on the Promoter’s promotional post on the Promoter’s Instagram and/or Facebook channel during the Promotional Period.
- The promotion is limited to one Qualifying Entry per Eligible Entrant per social media channel (i.e. an Eligible Entrant can have one Qualifying Entry on Instagram and one Qualifying Entry on Facebook).
- To the extent an Eligible Entrant is drawn as the winner on both the Promoter’s Instagram and/or Facebook channels, the Promoter at its absolute and sole discretion will conduct a redraw for one of the channels so that two separate Eligible Entrants, each with a Qualifying Entry, win a prizes..
- Prize draw:
- The winners will be drawn by the Promoter, at the Promoter’s offices, at 10:00am NZDT on Monday, 5 October 2020.
- Prize Notification:
- The winners will be notified by the Promoter via a direct message to their Instagram or Facebook account within 48 hours of the prize draw. The direct message will request each winner’s email address so that loyalty points can be allocated to redeem their prize.
- Claiming the Prize:
- follow the instructions contained in the direct message each winner receives from the Promoter; and
- produce a valid form of government-issued identification so that each winner’s identity and eligibility can be confirmed.
- All entries are subject to verification by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who:
- submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; or
- tampers with the entry process.
- Any misrepresentation or fraudulent information submitted by an entrant will disqualify the entry.
Varying these Terms and Conditions
The Promoter reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions without notice, to modify, reschedule or terminate this Promotion or to modify or extend the closing date and criteria of this Promotion at its absolute discretion.
The Promoter’s decisions and rights
- The Promoter’s decision on all matters relating to this Promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into, except as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Prize(s) are not transferable
The Prize is not transferable for cash or credit, any other Vuse product, or to any person other than the winner(s).
Any costs associated with accessing the Promoter’s website, Instagram and/or Facebook channels is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the entrant’s internet service provider.
Cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of this Promotion
If for any reason, any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may at its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
Application content and ownership
The Promoter (or its associated or affiliated companies or third parties who have licensed its brands to the Promotor or contributed to the application) owns or licenses from third parties certain application content. All such application content remains the sole property of the applicable content owner and is protected under all relevant copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. Nothing on the application should be construed as granting any license or right to use or distribute any application content, without the Promoter’s express written permission or that of the applicable content owner.
Instagram and Facebook
Exclusion of liability
Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and its respective bodies corporate (including their officers, employees and agents), Instagram and Facebook exclude all liability whether arising in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise for:
- any personal injury; or
- any loss or damage (including, without limitation, loss of opportunity, loss of profits or loss of property);
whether direct or indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of or in connection with this Promotion, including but not limited to, where arising out of or in connection with the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorized access or third-party interference;
- any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in Prize value;
- any tax liability incurred by the entrant; or
- participation in this Promotion or use of the Prize.
Collection and use of personal information
- To the extent that the Promoter collects personal information to conduct this Promotion it can, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to regulatory authorities, or use such information to contact the entrant about this Promotion. Any entry in this Promotion is conditional on providing this information.
- By participating in the Promotion an Eligible Entrant:
- grants the Promoter the right to use their name, character, photographs or likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotions and marketing purposes (and waives any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use);
- agrees to provide the Promoter with a perpetual royalty-free license to use their username in any way including, but not limited, to:
- Each entrant understands that he or she has the right to access, and may request correction of, any of their personal information held by the Promoter by contacting the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org. All claims become the property of the Promoter.
Vuse electronic cigarettes may be hazardous to health and contain nicotine which is addictive. Vuse products should be kept out of reach of children. Vuse electronic cigarettes are not suitable for use by:
- persons under the age of 18;
- persons who are allergic/sensitive to nicotine;
- pregnant or breast-feeding women;
- persons who should avoid using tobacco or nicotine products for medical reasons; or
- persons with an unstable heart condition, severe hypertension or diabetes.
This Promotion, and these Terms and Conditions, are governed by New Zealand law.